Saturday, September 1, 2012

THE LEANING TOWER OF SPAGHETTI

GROUP EVALUATION
1. Yay! Our certificate of approval and our masterpiece





2. accountants repot: 16 spaghetti noodles, 22 cm of tape, 3 marshmallows
Final cost= $410





3. Height: 91 inches
4. What I like most about my design is that it was sturdy and exceeded the minimum height without collapsing. What i dislike about my structure is that it is leaning side ways.







5. Our biggest challenge was choosing a design for our structure and keeping the sides of the structure from caving in. We all decided to make a triangular pyramid, and as for the caving edges, we added support beams and taped them together to hold the building together. That was the key.


6. If I had the opportunity to change my design I would make sure the support beams are all at the same point on the pyramid sides so that the tower would not lean.


SELF EVALUATION
1. I personally had massive fun; there was never a point when i wanted to quit.
2. Many other groups used triangles in their designs, but to my knowledge, our design was the only one that was a full out pyramid



3. If i could add another material to the mix it would be super glue because that is a lot stronger than marshmallows or tape and i would make my job easier.

4. I contributed to the group as the architect/sketcher, and a construction worker.

















Where did the spaghetti go to dance? The meat ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment